THE SEALING OF DAGOTE CEMENT OBAJANA ,BY KOGI STATE GOVERNMENT A STEP IN RIGHT DIRECTIONOct 102022
THE SEALING OF DANGOTE CEMENT OBAJANA, By KOGI STATE GOVERNMENT.IS A STEP IN RIGHT DIRECTION,
We are stakeholders in the Nigeria project and a body of activist who are committed to the development of Nigeria and her citizenry.
The recent altercation between the Kogi State Government and Dangote Cement has opened a chapter into how most companies mishandle public trust in them and fail on their responsibility for revenue remittance and other related purposes. Our rejoinder we believe will touch on all issues related thereto and are as follows.
1. That the action of the Kogi State Government and the invitation of the former Governor to appear before the Kogi State House of Assembly to find out matters relating to ownership and acquisition of the Obajana Cement Factory and revenue, issue’s is a step in the right direction provided it once and for all to remove the capitalist mentality of our so called investors both local and foreign. By their operation That hasn’t in anyways have any effects of impact on the Nigerians citizens and her economy, rather its increased abject poverty that are snuffing life out of ordinary indigenous people of kogi state and Nigerians citizens
2. It is a fact that most States in Nigeria boast of cement businesses and factories but most of them are moribund and inoperative due to acts of sabotage and adverse effect of capitalist approach by the exploiters of our economy.
3. President Olusegun Obasanjo who advanced the policy of liberalization of the economy by selling government companies to investors, particularly local investors only created people who become richer than the States through fraudulent means and policies.
4. that one negative effects of the policies of president Olusegun Obasanjo‘s administration relating to liberalization of the economy was that rather than benefit the vast majority of Nigerians, few oligarchs like Aliko Dangote benefited immensely from the ill fated reform as they took undue advantage of the corrupt system and bought over there corporations using their closeness to the corridor of power and control over the political space and bureaucracy,
5. The prompters of Dangote Cement are capitalists who have evolve a devastating policy that enrich him more and impoverish the populace who in turn become bandit’s herders and kidnappers.
6. Until people like Alhaji Aliko Dangote are put in their appropriate position as the Kogi State Government is doing by exposing them for who they truly are, we may never truly see the economic emancipation of our country as our founding fathers have envisaged.
Com Bature Johnson T,
For; [ iaadhr] International Association for Advancement and Defense of Human Rights,